Frequently Asked Questions
- The way in which they incorporate controller circuitry into the unit makes it impossible (due to space restrictions) to have durable, multi-layered circuit boards with a CPU which can handle over-current and abnormal situations.
- Plastic components and aluminum parts wear out, causing many mechanical issues.
- Their regular voltage trigger systems cannot determine when there’s a false trigger signal from abnormal conditions. This is often experienced with rotating retracts where the wheel encounters abnormal situations.
- We build and provide retracts for virtually all airframes on the market.
- As long as your retracts are not frail plastics, we offer conversion of all air or mechanical retracts to electric scale operating retracts. We provide for miniature through giant scale models, you can contact the factory with any questions about your specific model. To date we have not found retracts that we cannot convert to electric scale operating retracts. Smaller versions are also available for miniature projects. For special projects, you are more than welcome to contact us directly, as we consider this an opportunity to display our innovation and creativity. Please fill in the form to the right hand side so one of our agents can get back to you.
- All the way up to giant scale, our 240 Platinum size has a motor shaft output of 45 Lbs and will lift comfortably life wheels up to 20Lbs. Please note: the weight of the strut will have an impact on the leverage factor, which influences these figures significantly. Don’t fret though, our Platinum Series can lift any wheel.
- On the smaller retracts it is 4 seconds (30 and 60 size). On the 120 & 240 size it is 8-9 seconds.
- Our controllers work with a 6,6V regulated power supply. The 30 and 60 units will use power from your receiver system, which will be regulated to 6,6V. Hence, we recommend at least 6V on the receiver for both the Bronze and Silver series.
- On the 120 Gold series, you have a choice to use either external power or receiver power.
- The 240 Platinum series uses external power only. Input battery to be 6.0V to 12.0Vdc. All battery types are supported (NICD, NIMH, LIFE, LIPO).
- The short and sweet answer is, not a lot. Generally, our customers do not experience any changes to their charge/use habits. The long answer involves a little bit of math. Given a 20 minute flight window, from the time you power on the retract system, to the time you turn it off, (including the up and down cycles) you would use around 7mAh. For a 2200mAh battery you will be able to complete 314 flights (2200/7 = 314) before the retracts deplete your battery. That being said, we do not recommend going that long without a charge. Not knowing how much power your receiver, flight surfaces, ignition systems, or any other factors require, we advise you stay with your current charge/flight schedule.
- Ensure your power system is in working order, as, loose connections, coiled extension wire, weak batteries, pinched wires, conductors showing, and other power system flaws can lead to failures. Discuss your electrical system with the factory prior to use. Check your system prior to flight.
- Your gear will be shipped back to you approximately 3 to 4 weeks after arrival. An email will be sent to acknowledge that your gear was received. Should we encounter a fault, communication via either phone or email will be made to discuss repair options, costs and any delays this may cause.
- We manufacture quality products and stand by them. Hence, should you encounter a problem with materials or workmanship within the first two years, call for an RMA and provide for shipping and we will repair or replace at no charge to you.
Sorry, no products matched your criteria.